It's here

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

gadazobe

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Well, it's here, I got the double hex that I was promised. :D :D It's in a bit of a state at the moment and it's going to take me a while to clean it up, but it's here :) It's green acrylic, each side is 12" x 10" wide (tank size, not including all the surroundings) with 2 bridges. It's got all the filters and a heater, but I'm going to check them all to see if they work. Eventually it's going to house one happy betta and 3 cories and maybe 5 small tetras. :D I don't think I'm going to be able to put live plants in it, :( so I'll make do with silk ones. I think it's the first freebie that I've ever had :D and I am sooooo pleased, just like a little kid again :thumbs:

This probably sounds a bit dim, but what is a 'double hex' or even a single one for that matter :look:

A hexagonal shaped tank (6 sides) The one I was given is 2 tanks joined by 2 bridges that connect the tanks. I think they're about 3 gallons each side. :)

Nice one. Just remeber to rinse it well after all that scrubbing. :D

The childrens ward in my local hospital has one of these and the kids love it!! :D

Too small for me though (poor old Oscar wouldnt even get his head in it lmao) sounds nice though :)

Good luck with it and keep us posted as to progress ;)

:) I've seen photos of themand they look interesting, I hope there is a filter in each side for water movement.   :thumbs:  Mac.

sounds interesting, any chance of posting a picture of it?

No problem - I get pics when it's set up. One thing I don't understand - it's only got 1 pump that's supposed to work for 2 UGF. This is all integrated under the tank, and I'm not that technically minded that I can disconnect it. :( Can someone explain to me how I connect the 2 air tubes to the 1 pump - coz I've got no idea :( The pump has only got 1 outlet :( Is there some sort of double connector that I can buy? ;)

Yes there is a coupler that you can buy and any lfs should carry these............what you will get is like 2 little taps and you just plumb them into the airline and run them off to your filters adjusting the taps until both filters run equally, its really that simple :D , cost should be around £3-£4 so its not too costly either (certainly cheaper than buying a new double air pump!!!) ;)

Cant wait to see the pics :thumbs:

Our doctor's surgery has oneof these double hexes installed. They only have a few Neons and a few guppies in though. Moving the tank poses the staff big headaches as the stress imposed on the connection tubes are quite an amount,especially when the tank is filled. Unfortunately they know very little about water quality etc.etc.
It looks nice.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back