It'S About My Water?

allie95

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Mar 25, 2009
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
PA
Okay, so I have had a ten-gal tank set up for about 6 months, I think. And I've been buying distilled water the whole time to do water cahnges. Is it bad to use well water for this? I just tested it and it reads at zero ammonia and zero nitrites. The water in my tank right now measures at about 7.2. I was told (I don't remember who)that well water isn't buffered very well and the pH will be unstable. Is this true?
 
Yes, distilled water has zero buffering capacity as it is pretty much as close to pure H2O as you can come to. You would be wise to use buffer to help guard against pH drops. Baking soda work but there are commercially available options as well.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top