It's a very sad day..

Mogo

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

It's a very sad day for me. Yesterday when I woke, I saw that my wild caught Altum was not doing so well. I knew he would be gone by this morning. Sure enough, he had slipped into fishy heaven overnight :( . I'm glad that he had many happy healthy years, but will be greatly missed. He was a good boy, and although he killed his female partner a few years back, he didn't eat one single neon. I did manage to get a few photos of him a couple weeks ago, this was probably the best one. Thought I would post it in his memory.

Mogo

altumopt.jpg

I'm sorry to hear that Mogo. He was a very beautiful Angel! Hope he'll have a good time with other angels in fishy heaven!

Sorry to hear that m8 :(

nice the Altum (but pricey)

How old was he?

:)

:-( So sorry for your loss Mogo. He was very beautiful. :wub:

sory to hear of your loss can ex fish be nominated for fish of the month i think its what he would have wanted.

Beautiful job touching that pict. up tanked!!

Sorry about your Angel, but just think....now he IS an Angel :angel:

I don't mean this to come out wrong (God only knows how much), but I think your post was a little humorous

He was a good boy, and although he killed his female partner a few years back, he didn't eat one single neon.

Sorry, it just made me chuckle and a little laugh is better than no laugh t'all!

Silver
:*

Thanks guys! I'm started to feel better already! I've been out since the morning helping my best friend with some last bits of wedding preparation we have before her big day in a couple weeks. I was kind of in a bad mood all day, and it didn't help being outside in the scortching heat (with the humidity it was like 42 C) priming and painting decorative pillars. It was so nice to come home and see all your responses.

Thank you Tanked for touching up the photo, much appreciated, it looks great!

Thanks everyone for the nominations, and yes, I think Altum would have been very pleased.

Wet, I am not quite sure of his age, I've had him for five or six years, and he was not a juvenile when I brought him home (was already a couple inches). And you were right in saying "pricey", I paid just over $60 CDN, and that was with my preferred customer discount at the LFS.

Silver, you think that was funny? Well, last night I went to check on him. He was completely still, on his side and there was no movements of the opercula. So I gently tried moving him with no response. So he's dead right? I scoop him out and carry him to the bathroom and place him in the bowl. Just as I start paying my last respects, he comes alive and starts making his last attempt at life. I was completely shocked, as it's pretty hard to misdiagnose death, or so I thought. So this morning, I sat by the toilet for ten minutes just to make sure.

Thanks again everyone. The sadness felt by the loss of a fish is something only a true fish keeper will ever know, because contrary to popular belief it's not "just a fish". :)

No of course the fact that it's dead isn't funny. Sheesh...I thought you'd know what I meant. Maybe now that it has been a while you can see how it was a little funny how you said that. Not funny like HA HA I'm going to bust a gut rolling on the floor peeing my pants, but Cute Funny....get it? -_- :huh:

I think it was funny, cute funny, that he didn't eat one single neon! :*) But you are right.....that is a good boy because Angels do eat neons.

Silver
:*

Most reactions

Back