Itch?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Water change and run some black carbon now.
Leave temp high for now.
Have you had a high ammonia reading.

ok, will do,

i tried to get a liquid test kit when i bought the esha exit but they had none so i bought the strip type,
when the water was tested, everything seemd to match up as the lady at the lfs marked what readind should be there,
she told me if anything was out to go see her and she would put me roght but like i say, it all seemed ok,

I would get your water tested as the black mouth could be due to ammonia burns.
Here some info for you.
Good luck.
Myxobacteriosis

Symptoms: Symptoms may include black patches on the body and fins. The body may become bloated or swollen in some areas.

Treatment: As far as I know, there is only one medication designed specifically for myxobacteriosis--Phenocide by Aquatronics.

Information: This infection is rather uncommon but fairly easy to treat. Its probability is intensified by overcrowding and poor water quality with high levels of ammonia and / or nitrites.

Oh Yeah! Now I remember why I thought it might be time to do water changes and run carbon. I got distracted and forgot during our long conversations. Flicking and rubbing does usually stop after the ich spots are gone, but it can be a symptom of ammonia burn.

Test strips are notoriously inaccurate.

thanks very much wilder and sue,
have done waterchange, hoover ect..........
all fish seem fine at mo, tank looks sparkley clean lol,

how long do i leave carbon filter in?????

I usually leave carbon in for two days they say it stops working after that.

thanks wilder hun,

now for my next prob lol,

the damaged skirted tetra i was on about, he wont touch food in the enclosure i put him in, i released him back with the others but he just fights with his partner, not sure hoe to deal with this one lol,

also, what do you sugest i do for my tank once i take the carbon filter out tomorrow?????

thanks again,

lee

If he's not eating not good news.
Leave temp high for a few days then start turning it down to normal.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back