It Drive Sme Insane!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The inch per gallon "rule" is just a very basic guideline for those who are new to the hobby to prevent them from overstocking their tank while they are still going through the learning process. Once the new fish keeper has a bit of knowledge and experience under their belt the inch per gallon rule can be thrown out and stocking limits can be pushed as high as 3" per gallon depending on fish sizes, tank size, maintance, filtration and airation but during the first months/years before this knowledge is aquired and before the tank is matured the inch per gallon rule saves a lot of fishes lives and stress for the fish keeper.

would it not also depend on how good your filtration is, also not all the fish occupy the same space at the same time.

I mean if Your filtration was excellent then you should be able to fit more fish, depending on swimming room, teratories etc........

I thought this was precisely what I said?

The inch per gallon "rule" is just a very basic guideline for those who are new to the hobby to prevent them from overstocking their tank while they are still going through the learning process. Once the new fish keeper has a bit of knowledge and experience under their belt the inch per gallon rule can be thrown out and stocking limits can be pushed as high as 3" per gallon depending on fish sizes, tank size, maintance, filtration and airation but during the first months/years before this knowledge is aquired and before the tank is matured the inch per gallon rule saves a lot of fishes lives and stress for the fish keeper.
:clap:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back