Is this tank ok to put a betta in?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yep, I agree with getting a 6 gallon. May or may not need a bigger heater. What do others think on that?

I agree with @Essjay on the fact that the flow will be betta (Sorry xD)

Definitely get some gravel in there so there is more surface area for bacteria.

I would personally suggest some live plants, it would help with the balance (floating plats will help a lot, good job on them!) You could get an anubis, or java fern, or something. I have got anubis, it is beautiful!!

Put in a few shrimp if you get live plants maybe, just make sure they are big enough not to get eaten. Adult cherry shrimp will do fine I think.

Also, Nerite snails are lovely! They only breed in brackish water so will not overun your tank.

You might want to get someone to back me up on this but I have a few years experience!!!

I hope you have succes with your fish, photos would be greatly appreciated!!

Yep, I agree with getting a 6 gallon. May or may not need a bigger heater. What do others think on that?

I agree with @Essjay on the fact that the flow will be betta (Sorry xD)

Definitely get some gravel in there so there is more surface area for bacteria.

I would personally suggest some live plants, it would help with the balance (floating plats will help a lot, good job on them!) You could get an anubis, or java fern, or something. I have got anubis, it is beautiful!!

Put in a few shrimp if you get live plants maybe, just make sure they are big enough not to get eaten. Adult cherry shrimp will do fine I think.

Also, Nerite snails are lovely! They only breed in brackish water so will not overun your tank.

You might want to get someone to back me up on this but I have a few years experience!!!

I hope you have succes with your fish, photos would be greatly appreciated!!
Anubias and java fern combine well with floating plants. Since they're low light plant, you don't have to worry about the floaters blocking the light.

But if you have a betta, since they are labyrinth breathers, you have to make sure there's enough water surface exposed to air so they can breathe. Plus you don't want the entire surface covered anyways. That would inhibit the gas exchange.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back