Starfishpower
Fish Crazy
- Joined
- Dec 30, 2007
- Messages
- 387
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
a friend of mine gave me some of his old aquarium stuff and along with it is an old piece of bogwood. well i was looking at it and i noticed it had little purple filaments all on one side, i assumed it was old algea, i sprayed off the wood and stuck it in a new tank - 10 gallon grow out for a baby senegal - well sure enough it stood up and waves in the current just like algea, except now its brown. this piece hasnt been used in about 3 years. i think its fine but i just wanted to run it by you guys and see if anyone has any experience with this and can tell me whats up. its been a day and my senny is still bright eyed and active.
Keep an eye on it and test the water frequently. I would've boiled and scrubed it off first. But I'm also occasionally called paranoid 
I don't know much about bichirs. Just that some can get pretty big. 






