FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimmy

Fish Addict
Reaction score
we got an 2al aqua snene with 4 neon tetras and 1 chinese algae eater

Is that a 2 gal tank. Should only really support 2 neons never mind 4 plus a cae, way too small.

way too small.... neons need 10 gallon minimum, some say more and i wont argue with them. CAES are violent and get pretty big (6-8")

grimmy grimmy grimmy.....

they are active and they are schooling fish, havent we told you this before?

but they are active shoaling fish so need the space, they may be small now but if given the space can grow to around 2"

why neons are tiny

And keen swimmers. They're also more sensitive to poor water quality than most people give them credit for so when things go wrong in a 2 gal tank they go wrong very quick.

Edit - Three people posting the same thing at the same time must tell you something.

ok ill put then in my 10 or how bout a 5.5 gallon

Honesty grimmy, why do you ask stupid questions? The 1 inch per 1 gal. tank is the bare minimum and you have at least 5 gallons worth of fish in a 2 gallon tank. Plus the CAE is a semi aggressive fish and should not be kept with neons. Personally I don't like CAEs as they don't eat much algae and harass other fish.

again.... for god sakes, REREAD YOUR POSTS. It makes it so hard to help you when you can't take the extra 15 seconds to proofread. If you can't take the effort to make your posts readable why should we make the effort to help you?

Neons may be small fish, but they really are shoaling fish and will not thrive if kept in a shoal of at least 5-6 neons, to have a shoal of neons though this would be too many for a 2gal tank, as others have mentioned they are also active swimmers and are very sensitive to water quality etc. I wouldn't personally keep them in a tank less than tank of the measurements 14x12x10inches (7 US gals) for these reasons and more, however a 10gallon tank would be better.
The Chinese Algae eater is definately too larger growing fish for a 2gal, they have the potential to grow to 10inches+ (although 6-8inches is more common).

A 2gallon tank is good for a siamese fighting fish/betta and a few small shrimp (like cherry, ghost, amano shrimp etc) and a few larger ornemental snails like giant red ramshorn snails or golden apple snails etc.

With a 5gallon tank, you can be a bit more creative, it would be good for 3-5 small growing livebearers like endlers, guppys, platys etc. You could also have small corys like panda and pygmy corys, small shrimp, fish like oto's, female betta's etc.

A 10gallon has plenty of stocking options. The larger the tank, the more stocking options will be available to you. There are many things to take into consideration when stocking fish, like the max size of the fish, numbers they do best in, activity levels of the fish etc.

last question would be over stocked 2 angels 2 blue paradise gorumies 1 kissin gorumi and 1 pleco fit in a 29 gallon. oh i found a filter a whisper 20-40 gal powerfilter i yhink its good bout you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back