Is This Ok

sic0198

Fish Herder
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
1,062
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have this tank,

http://www.onlineaquariumstore.com/acatalo...0_Aquarium.html

I think it is around twenty-four gallons, I think it is big enough for an angel. Anyway I have a few fish I need to rehome.

1 x angelfish
1 x BN pleco
2 x fem. bettas
5 x tetras (gold, very small, don't know what they are)
four x corydora

Would this be OK for my tank?
 
I have this tank,

[URL="http://www.onlineaquariumstore.com/acatalo...0_Aquarium.html"]http://www.onlineaquariumstore.com/acatalo...0_Aquarium.html[/URL]

I think it is around twenty-four gallons, I think it is big enough for an angel. Anyway I have a few fish I need to rehome.

1 x angelfish
1 x BN pleco
2 x fem. bettas
5 x tetras (gold, very small, don't know what they are)
four x corydora

Would this be OK for my tank?

Are these the fish you wish to rehome, or are they what you have???...... If so....They are ok, unless if the tetras are too small for the angel.
 
I already have them but I have a new tank and I wanna put them in the tank.
 
I already have them but I have a new tank and I wanna put them in the tank.

Then go for it.... just keep the tetras out of it untill they've grown a little.....The Angel might be a threat if they are still small.... ( sounds like you have "silvertips").....
 
I think the tank is slightly too small for an angel fish, others may say otherwise.

What is the tanks depth measurement, not including the gravel? It needs to be minimum of 18" deep excluding gravel for angel fish

Andy
 
Ive seen angels that are around 12" in height so I dont believe a tank with 12" depth is enough.

Andy


THATS A BIG ANGEL! Most of the ones I have raised got to about 8" tall.

If you have any angel questions, talk to tolak
 
I know most angels only reach around 8" but I've seen some in my lfs that were MASSIVE, I may have misjudged them and could have been more like 10" (didn't have a tape measure handy lol) but large anyway. It's not to say of course that they would grow that big in the op's tank but just pointing it out.

Pretty much everytime I've seen posts on here regarding angels it's always been said that 18" depth should be the minimum. Even an 8" angel will be limited to just swimming back and forth in a 12" deep tank

andy
 
Maybe you saw tanks of P. Altum, as opposed to P. Scalare?
 
I've had these fish for 6 or so month so most of these are full grown.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top