Is This A Killifish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I currently do not have any of the fundulus. I moved and haven't went back up to net any more. My fish consist of bettas, both wild and splendens....killifish....and certain livebearers. I bred African cichlids for years too.

I currently do not have any of the fundulus. I moved and haven't went back up to net any more. My fish consist of bettas, both wild and splendens....killifish....and certain livebearers. I bred African cichlids for years too.

Oh, I have a community tank with killifish, betta, platys, mollies, danios. All get along and I built a rock cave and have several live plants. I never bred fish but did have platys that kept having babies alot. I had yo-yo loaches years ago and loved them plus an eel, they were my favorites. I was going to get a larger tank and hopefully have a bala but decided not to, I like my tank. I have a second tank with RCC's and they are interesting but I decided not to handle one, my hermits are more fun to hold. I don't know alot about cichlids and won't be getting one, I don't think they are a community fish, but maybe they are depending on what they are in a tank with?

RCC?

Cichlids are best kept in species tanks, however there are a few that get along quite well as a single in a community tank.

RCC?

Cichlids are best kept in species tanks, however there are a few that get along quite well as a single in a community tank.

I thought so, but then I remembered somewhere I read some can get aggressive and some can get big (by big I mean 3-4" maybe 5"?) I saw them at our super grocery store and they were round looking and about 1 3/4" long, a light yellowish to light gray color. They must come in a variety of colors and sizes?

You must live up north to have fish at your local grocer lol. I used to live in MN and we had a fish section. :)

You must live up north to have fish at your local grocer lol. I used to live in MN and we had a fish section. :)

Yes I am north and I've never been to MN, but I feel bad when I see them getting so much snow! If they are like my area we are used to it, but MN gets heavier snow than we do. When you said fish section, did you mean in a grocery store or another type of store?

Grocery store....lol Up front other side of the registers.

I'll check forum later, I'm going to have a snack then go outside and see if my stray cat is here. She was here last night, in the garage because it was cold. I still have her bed and litter box for her and I've been waiting for 3 hours. I was hoping she would come back tonight so she can sleep in the garage. For a few months she would follow me every night when I was walking my dogs, has no collar, looks healthy. I finally got her in the garage last night and after a few hours she let me pet her and she curled up in the soft blanket and went to sleep. Probably the first human contact she has had in a long time. Thismorning I got a tetanus shot and antibiotic because I have been caring for several strays and they bit me when playing. I have a relative that had cat scratch fever and was very ill. So, I feel better knowing I got treated today, I also don't want to go thru another infection like I did years ago from an infected rat! That one required IV antibiotics x 5 days plus a swollen hand and arm. I'll check in a while and see if you wrote.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back