Is This A Good Plant Plan?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishywishy333

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone, so I was just wanting some approval on the plants I was going to get and their layout. In the foreground, I was thinking some Sagittaria sabulata and java moss as a carpeting plant. Then in the midground some Crypt. Beckettii planted around driftwood with java fern and java moss growing on them. As for background, I don't really have any more room...:p

So if someone could let me know what they think that would be really helpful. I am also open to any plant suggestions.

Hope you can help and thanks in advance :)

Water Wisteria is great, as well as java fern, which grows readily in the right conditions. What size tank do you have? What type of fish?

I have a 60 litre with 1 dwarf gourami, going to get a few algae eaters too.

What type of algae eater are you looking at? AnarchisGreen Cabomba, Hornwort, Sword Plant, are all good plants as well. Java Moss sounds great! I want to get some.

I'm not sure what algae eaters yet, probably some ottocinclus or dwarf loaches. Open to suggestions. :)

How large is your tank? I think it will look lovely. Did you complete your project yet? I'd love to see pictures of how it turned out if you have finished it!

I'd avoid java moss as a carpet to be honest, it doesn't really like doing it and tends to wander off or get messy. It'd be a lot happier on the wood.

Otherwise sounds nice. Wisteria can grow quite quickly once it gets established, so watch for that going beserk and draining all of the nitrates out of the tank. I've ended up with BGA when that stuff went beserk before.

Yeah, I'd love to see some of the ''AFTER'' pictures! 
fish.gif

I haven't actually even bought them yet, :D I am going to wait until I go up to Maidenhead Aquatics about an hour away from me. I will put up a picture as soon as I've planted everything! :)
Oh. And I was going to get some fish in Maidenhead too, some kind of algae eater like ottocinclus or dwarf loach.:)

Sag, java moss, they all work well. Not sure if I told you this, but hornwort is a great fast grower. As long as your fish ''keep it in check'' it's a winner both for the fish and the look. 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back