Is this a Betta?? I want to help

The way that you formatted your post makes it seem that you are talking down to the OP.
Just my opinion.

I think she was just saying that he's need a bigger tank than the one he comes with?

Guys, please remember how tone doesn't always come through when it comes to text, and it's easy for people to misinterpret what you meant or for things to come across in a way you didn't intend. Lets all give each other the benefit of the doubt and a little grace.

I think she was just saying that he's need a bigger tank than the one he comes with?

Guys, please remember how tone doesn't always come through when it comes to text, and it's easy for people to misinterpret what you meant or for things to come across in a way you didn't intend. Lets all give each other the benefit of the doubt and a little grace.
I'll agree with that. Tone cant be written down. But formatting does play a role in how a message is interpreted.

Edit: emojis and reactions also play a role

Not sure. If gourami are a community fish, what would be some cool schooling fish? My hardness is around 155 ppm
Probably best to learn about dwarf gourami and see whether one would work for you, before planning out an entire community tank ;)

With a 15 gallon, you're looking at what are often called "nano fish" for tankmates, since it's still on the small side for fish like neons/cardinals/harlequins. But the nano schoolers also need to be large enough and brave enough to avoid being seen as food by the gourami, lol. They're generally pretty peaceful when not in a pair or trio though.

Found a more accurate report on my water. Hardness is 133 mg/L, pH is 8.5

Probably best to learn about dwarf gourami and see whether one would work for you, before planning out an entire community tank ;)

With a 15 gallon, you're looking at what are often called "nano fish" for tankmates, since it's still on the small side for fish like neons/cardinals/harlequins. But the nano schoolers also need to be large enough and brave enough to avoid being seen as food by the gourami, lol. They're generally pretty peaceful when not in a pair or trio though.
Ok, I'll take a look at these. Even if it doesn't work out for me, I want to collect information and maybe help the current owner with his situation? Maybe they can find a friend or someone else that can take the fish in with more info.

Your Ph looks to be too high to keep this fish. The tank-bred fish can normally be maintained anywhere within the range 6.0 – 7.5.
Good to know. I'm sure his current owner has no clue about any of this, based solely on his current tank size and decor. There's a way I can slightly soften my water right? Tannis? How does that work?

I'll agree with that. Tone cant be written down. But formatting does play a role in how a message is interpreted.

Edit: emojis and reactions also play a role

Very true. A part of me loathes emoji's, but I use them a lot on this forum to try to get my tone across. Otherwise I "sound" too sharp and curt, despite not meaning to! :) (see? << :lol:)

Most reactions

Back