Is There Something Wrong With My Jewel Cichlid?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sorry cant help with the red thing but have to say those are some gorgeous fish

Dosen't look like a breeding tube to me. Especially since your other one dosen't have his/hers down. I would just wait it out and see.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not a breeding tube. Breeding tubes are much smaller and white.

Thats what I was worried about, not sure if this helps, but the Jewels laid eggs when it became visable, any idea what it could be?

It almost looks like digested flake food. But i can prove myself wrong by saying that it wouldn't lump out like that because flake food is mostly fiber and would come out much... easier.

Also if its still there obviously im terribly wrong. ::Shrugs shoulders::

looks like either a funny coloured poo or failing that it may have ripped its anus and thus pushed something out, my jag had something similar when it was young, but it ended up dissapearing thank god,,,maybe take a picture and stick it in the emergency setion for someone like wilder to have a butchers :good:

looks like either a funny coloured poo or failing that it may have ripped its anus and thus pushed something out, my jag had something similar when it was young, but it ended up dissapearing thank god,,,maybe take a picture and stick it in the emergency setion for someone like wilder to have a butchers :good:

Little update, just checked on the eggs and all but 3 have little black spots in them (fishies), so it seems to have done the business, still unsure what the protusion is. Going to do a water change later to be safe

Little update, just checked on the eggs and all but 3 have little black spots in them (fishies), so it seems to have done the business, still unsure what the protusion is. Going to do a water change later to be safe

Do what Nelly said, as he brought up a very good point. I have seen it happen once before, someone posted a picture it was much worse in their case though. Not sure if water changing will help. : /

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back