is she pregnant or FAT?! No Gravid Spot

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I've got a female molly with similar symptoms. She's big, she's fat, no black at the back of the abdomen and she is a white fish so I would see it. She is hiding in a cave from the male until food comes out. I know she's female because she gave birth a couple of months ago but only one fry survived
Oh wow! Yes it’s so hard to tell if she is actually pregnant or fat because we can’t see a gravid spot. You would think it would be pink but it’s not even pink on her either. Just a solid white tummy. And I thought she would have given birth by now, but all I have in the nursery tank (aka breeder box) is lots of boo-boo from her lol

Yea that’s how I did my divine nine from “big Mama” …. Hopefully she has successful birthing
Well my big momma passed away...it's the 2nd one in the last year I noticed passing away after giving birth. As for birth you'll notice more the more times she gives birth. The black spot becomes bigger and she'll also have more fry.
It takes around 3/4 weeks for her to fully develop the fry inside and you'll notice the stomach getting somewhat square on her last week. That's usually when I put mine in the box

Well my big momma passed away...it's the 2nd one in the last year I noticed passing away after giving birth. As for birth you'll notice more the more times she gives birth. The black spot becomes bigger and she'll also have more fry.
It takes around 3/4 weeks for her to fully develop the fry inside and you'll notice the stomach getting somewhat square on her last week. That's usually when I put mine in the box
Sorry to hear... :(

If she has been fat for more than 2 months and hasn't produced any young during that time, and she is eating well, then deworm the fish. See section 3 of the following link for deworming fish.

If she has been fat for more than 2 months and hasn't produced any young during that time, and she is eating well, then deworm the fish. See section 3 of the following link for deworming fish.
Thank you for this! Her poop is regular and she’s been semi fat for about month.

FINAL UPDATE: She passed away overnight. Woke up to the snail exploring her body😩😩😩 no fry! I think she was bloated. No unusual behaviors but was just getting big.

Attachments

• CA465228-E781-4C2D-88A3-3AF8A24E2A23.jpeg
    CA465228-E781-4C2D-88A3-3AF8A24E2A23.jpeg
    318.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
FINAL UPDATE: She passed away overnight. Woke up to the snail exploring her body😩😩😩 no fry! I think she was bloated. To unusual behaviors but was just getting big.
I'm so sorry for your loss.
I know how it feels.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back