Is My Water Ok For Shrimp And Snails?

Nah, not these fish. They're pretty big. 6 inches at least. My male painted wont bother them.

How large is you painted? Any turtle can take down a fish 3 times their size if they really want to, all they have to do is catch up to them then the fish is a goner ;)

Full grown male. The catfish actually take food from the turtle and he doesn't even notice. He's taken a chunk out of the catfish's fins, though. I'm sure if he wanted to he could eat the catfish, but he doesn't pay any interest to them.

Full grown male. The catfish actually take food from the turtle and he doesn't even notice. He's taken a chunk out of the catfish's fins, though. I'm sure if he wanted to he could eat the catfish, but he doesn't pay any interest to them.
That is how it starts believe me ;)

Lol, well, if the catfish gets eaten, it gets eaten. All of the catfish were wild cuaght and as soon as it's warm enough they'll be released in the same place. We'd normally get more (we catch them when they're less than an inch long) but this time I think I might get my dad to get tropicals again. A nice RTS will keep him happy. :shifty:. I know many don't approve of this, but the Painted turtle is wild caught as well, and he'll either get a brand new 55g to share with his buddy, a 2 inch musk turtle, or get released into the wild.

Back on topic, how would I breed apple snails?

i bet like 5-10 ghost shrimp or 5 or so cherry shrimp maby. and depends on what type of snail. i bet about 10 or so ramhorns, maby 3-5 giant ramhorns, or like 15-20 pond snails. and this is all seperate, not at once.

if you just get some water and put chlor out in it it will be fine. tap water, spring water. rain water isn't a good idea because it can have pollution or something in it that can be harmful.

good luck! :good:

My water is well water, though, and it has copper in it. I know that copper is toxic to shrimp, and apparently snails as well.

My water is well water, though, and it has copper in it. I know that copper is toxic to shrimp, and apparently snails as well.
In that case, you can use bottled water or you can get water from an LFS? But please don't use the well water with your shrimp as they are highly sensitive to heavy metals :crazy:

I wasn't planning on it. I am getting a saltwater tank soon, and will need an RO unit for that so I can use RO water. hanks for all the help you've given me!

Most reactions

Back