Is My Swordtail Pregnant?

puppyjess123

Doing first planted tank :)
Joined
Aug 31, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Eastbourne, East-sussex, UK
I'm not sure can you lot help please?
mine005-1.jpg

mine006-1.jpg

mine007.jpg

mine008.jpg

mine009.jpg


There thanks
 
Chances are it is,
Most common livebearers are easy lol there pregnant most of there lives.
Going by pics tho I'd say theres still awhile to go.
 
not entirely sure as pics arnt 2 clear but id say that was male and not female :P


jen
 
I thought it looked like a Male Platy but meh I'm half asleep
hence why I said if she is pregnant if it's a she theres awhile to go
 
I agree with the male platy call - that last picture looks a lot like a gonopodium. I've only seen that particular color in swordtails, myself, but they hybridize so easily that any color one comes in probably exists in the other.

If it is a female, she doesn't look very pregnant to me, but if there are males around, she's either pregnant or will be in short order.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top