Is my platy pregnant?

SableTheWolf

New Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Points
3
Location
Canada
Hey, I bought 3 sunburst to add to my communal tank. After a few months, one of them started to get a belly and the other 2 chased it around. I looked into sexing them, and I think the big one is a fmale and the two others are male based off their anal fins. But I dont see a gravid spot? She is boxed up in shape and has a white spot between her fins which Google said meant imminent birth, but want some advice. Should I put her in a breeder box overnight? Should I move the males out of their tank and leave her alone?
 

Attachments

  • 20220212_125435.webp
    20220212_125435.webp
    76.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 20220211_191357.webp
    20220211_191357.webp
    164 KB · Views: 125
yes she is most likely pregnant, don;t put her in the breeder box the breeder box is for fry

also how do you get your amazon sword to flower? mine is not doing anything
 
yes she is most likely pregnant, don;t put her in the breeder box the breeder box is for fry

also how do you get your amazon sword to flower? mine is not doing anything
I have no clue haha. Ive had it for 6 months and just noticed the flowering yesterday.

I moved her and thr two males from the communal tank to a smaller 10g tank to try and keep the fry safe is she is pregnant. Should I move the males back and leave her there alone or should I leave them together and move all 3 back if she does birth? I like fish, but never dealt with a pregnancy before.

I have a 20g, a 5g betta only tank, and their 10g.
 

Attachments

  • 20220212_143723.webp
    20220212_143723.webp
    171.1 KB · Views: 114
These are the other 2 I thought were males.

The water looks green because I wrapped a green towel around the tank since they all kept butting the glass, I was hoping to help them realize it was the edges of the tank.
 

Attachments

  • 20220212_143955.webp
    20220212_143955.webp
    244.4 KB · Views: 114
These are the other 2 I thought were males.

The water looks green because I wrapped a green towel around the tank since they all kept butting the glass, I was hoping to help them realize it was the edges of the tank.
i think you are right
I have no clue haha. Ive had it for 6 months and just noticed the flowering yesterday.

I moved her and thr two males from the communal tank to a smaller 10g tank to try and keep the fry safe is she is pregnant. Should I move the males back and leave her there alone or should I leave them together and move all 3 back if she does birth? I like fish, but never dealt with a pregnancy before.

I have a 20g, a 5g betta only tank, and their 10g.
no move all 3 back since the males will eat the fry
 

Most reactions

Back
Top