Is my molly actually a platy?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Itā€™s a molly deffo I have a rare one he is Black with blue shiny speckles

he is kinda the alpha male in the pack followed by an orange sail fin and a black lyretail the rest are females of different variations hoping Iā€™ll get some interesting fry eventually :)

However Im not breeding to sell and havenā€™t got them in breeder boxes or anything

all natural process and selection through hiding spots
Omg my molly is an alpha too!! my tank has been officially cycled and im so excited add more friends for my fish!!!

Meet meaty he is my black/blue speckled molly

Mexico my orange sail fin , Shamu my Dalmatian , Preggers the brown white and black spotty one at the top(named so because she was pregnant when I bought her and has been poppin fry ever since)
Strawberry the red sail fin molly , Fred my Dwarf Gourami and Monster my Albino Chinese algae eater(he is a little monster likes to try and intimidate the others when they come close this only started recently and he is for sale now)

Not featured is my calm and collected dwarf chain loach named ugly(he is awesome but sure ainā€™t pretty) oh and the whalers(3 guppy fry a couple month old I bought 5 as an experiment to see how they got on unfortunatly the 2 smallest got eatenšŸ˜ž but 3 survived and are thriving)

And 1 molly fry(couple weeks old) I believe she is a female and she is doing great)

There a tight nit little group sometimes the males like to try and change the order a bit and get a bit angry and the females enjoy there food a little bit too much but there all mostly chill and get along fine

Attachments

• BE27E7AD-5297-4449-A8A9-C1485561CBF7.jpeg
    BE27E7AD-5297-4449-A8A9-C1485561CBF7.jpeg
    304.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Meet meaty he is my black/blue speckled molly
Wow Meaty looks really similar to my Wally!(the one that i posted) Do you think Wally is a sailfin as well?
Mexico my orange sail fin , Shamu my Dalmatian , Preggers the brown white and black spotty one at the top
Mexico, Shamu and Preggers are so adorable! Strawberry is such a good name! I wanted a red molly as wellšŸ˜„

How many gallons is your tank? It looks like you have a cool group of fish!

if I remember Meaty was sold to me as just a rare molly I liked his colours so I bought him he has got quite a large dorsal fin and does display it like a sail fin would but Iā€™m not sure if he is a sail fin or not

My tank definately needs an upgrade I just havenā€™t had the time yet to look properly But will be getting a 125-180ltr as soon as I can find the right one and get it cycled there all going in it apart from the CAE

My tank definately needs an upgrade I just havenā€™t had the time yet to look properly But will be getting a 125-180ltr as soon as I can find the right one and get it cycled there all going in it apart from the CAE
Wow thats gonna be a big project! Have fun and hope everything goes well :)

Oh not forgetting little miss Boo-Boo too then thatā€™s all my pets :)

Attachments

• AAB0095B-7614-408E-BB0E-CC753689629A.jpeg
    AAB0095B-7614-408E-BB0E-CC753689629A.jpeg
    346.7 KB · Views: 39

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back