is my gourami sick?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DN530

Reaction score
Columbus, OH. A drinking town with a football prob
I have 1 male dwarf gourami in a 29g community tank. he's active and is eating and functioning fine as far as i can see. but i noticed yesterday that he has some sort of open wound or sore on his side. i'm not sure if it is some sort of disease or infection. all of the other fish in the tank are perfectly fine. anyone have a clue of what he has? :dunno:

The same happened to mine and in about 2 weeks he died. What other fish are in the tank?? Are there any othe gouramis, or angelfish, possibly tiger barbs or other fin nippers??

DN530 said:
in the tank i have small tetras (6 cardinals, 3 pristilla), 3 guppies, 2 mollies, 3 otocinclus, 3 corys, 1 rubber pleco, 4 ghost shrimp.

how do i show what i have in my tanks everytime i post a message?
The priscilla tetras might have picked on the gourami and caused an injury. WHere exactly on the side is the wound?

You can add your tank info in your signature.

It does not sound like a disease. I would start treatment with Malafix right away. Also 25% water changes every other day (the days you dont put the malafix in). I would also watch the tank for 45-60 mins every day and see if any of the other fish are picking on him. Mine was being picked on by my angel (they were fighting over territory). If that doesnt work i would try cupramede. Unfortanatly i satrted my treatment to late and lost him the day after i started. Im not sure if it will help (i know it cured my kissing gourami) but i do know that it cant hurt.. Good Luck!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back