🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jessstewart123

Reaction score
Can you help me please

Attachments

• 89BE24EA-1277-449C-A903-A84E515965D5.jpeg
    89BE24EA-1277-449C-A903-A84E515965D5.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 306
Could you take some more photos from different angles? Could you take a picture from above? What have you been feeding your fish? Have you noticed any other symptoms? If she is still eating, you could feed her some peas. If she is bloated that should help her digestion.

I agree with FishFanatic77. She looks bloated to me but we need a side shot and a top shot.

Could you take some more photos from different angles? Could you take a picture from above? What have you been feeding your fish? Have you noticed any other symptoms? If she is still eating, you could feed her some peas. If she is bloated that should help her digestion.

Attachments

• 642B8FC4-1168-4730-926F-59A004C06657.jpeg
    642B8FC4-1168-4730-926F-59A004C06657.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 343
She’s very big. Could be pregnant. It’s difficult to tell out of the water. We liked to look at clamped fins, scales, etc. watch her a few more days. If no babies then get back with us. Good luck!

Is she standing on her nose? She could have swim bladder disease which would explain her bloat. Fast her for a couple of days and then offer her a blanched, peeled pea. You can also place her in an Epsom salt bath to pull off fluids and help with constipation. Take one gallon of dechlorinated water at the same temp as her tank. Add one teaspoon of Epsom salt (not aquarium salt). Make sure it is pure Epsom salt with no fragrance added. Place fish in bath for 3 minutes. Then place her back in tank. You can do this 3 times a day. Good luck! Note: If she is in with other fish, I would put her in a quarantine tank.

Last edited:
she could also be pissed off and upset about being caught and handled.

It's not good to chase and catch heavily pregnant fish or fish that have just given birth. It's even worse if you lift them out of water.

So
she could also be pissed off and upset about being caught and handled.

It's not good to chase and catch heavily pregnant fish or fish that have just given birth. It's even worse if you lift them out of water.
should I quarantine her or not sticky situation?

I would leave her alone unless the other fish start picking at her. If you have to move her, carefully catch her in a net and keep her in the water. Then put a small plastic bucket/ container in the tank and scoop her up in the net so she stays in the water. Transfer her to another tank and gently pour her in.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back