is my filter to stroung?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

justethe

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i have my filter in my 40g tank and it is a pritty big one :lol: mabey to big for my tank my shark only stays at the bottom he has trouble swimming if he goes up by the filter all my fish have to swim swim swim when they are up there but my guppys have no problem and they are feeder guppys ? i don't know is my filter to big or are my fish to lazy? :unsure:

I would say that if the current is pushing the fish around and preventing them from using as much of the tank as they would, then it is too strong. you may be able to turn the flow down, or use decorations to break up the current.

What kind of filter is it? Do you know the rate of the filter? I think that most filters are supposed to be able to cycle the entire tank through ten times in one hour (like a ten gallon tank would need a filter with at least a rate of 100 gph).

it is a powerhead 301 i think ya it is i got when this guy gave me a 40g and 2 of theys filters so i don't know much about them that is all i know? so ya i think it is to big but i can't find something that slows the current from it so ya if anybody has one feel free to tell me all about it and if you can tell me if there is a way that i can make it slow down?

Most reactions

Back