Curiosity101
Is now at University! :D
At the moment I'm running my fluval 3+ with the venturi.
But in theory if it's not the bubbles that cause the aeration then do I need the venturi? The filter causes much less movement of the water without the venturi but still gives ripples at the surface.
I was debating moving my filter from the back side to the left side, and putting the heater behind it in a vertical position.
However at the moment that would mean I was then blowing a current of bubbles across the tank which wouldn't look too nice.
Obviously I wont remove the venturi if it's going to impact on my fish, but I would like to move the filter.
And no, I don't have an air stone or curtain etc. The noise of the air pump annoyed the parent!
But in theory if it's not the bubbles that cause the aeration then do I need the venturi? The filter causes much less movement of the water without the venturi but still gives ripples at the surface.
I was debating moving my filter from the back side to the left side, and putting the heater behind it in a vertical position.
However at the moment that would mean I was then blowing a current of bubbles across the tank which wouldn't look too nice.
Obviously I wont remove the venturi if it's going to impact on my fish, but I would like to move the filter.
And no, I don't have an air stone or curtain etc. The noise of the air pump annoyed the parent!







