Is It A Good Stocking?

paul_219

Fish Aficionado
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
4,772
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Lebanon
I have a 29 gal tank till now i have:

1 male betta
8 zebra danio.


What can i stock it with. I was thinking some tetras platies and swordtails. What do u recommend me to stock it with?
 
you are better off going to the LFS and making a list of fishes that you like. Then put the list on here and we can tell you what goes together and what doesn't.
If you can't get to a fish shop have a look in a few fish books.
 
Well i need help choosing some fish thats why i am asking. I dont to get a fish i don have info about. Can i have these fish i nmae in the tank.
 
remove the betta to a smaller tank they are best on their own. fast moving fish like your danios will stress him out and alot of other fish will nip at his fins. get a 1-5 gallon tank for him and he will be fine in there alone. as for the rest tetras will be fine, but with swordtails and platties your tank will quickly be over run with fry. if you have another tank you can keep them in then it sounds like they should be ok.
 
U mean the danios and the 4 platies? Or i add some tetras?

Lamp Eye tetra are lovely, there's a few fish called Lamp Eye, make sure you find the tiny ones with bright eyes, they are soooo cute.

Or, how many danios you got and what kind are they? Sorry but a few danios and a few platy isn't stocking maximum, you could get some cories to go in there too. I had an idea that leopard danios with corydoras Julii would look awesome.
 
I have got 8 zebra danio i just mention it in the beginning.

It's been a long day :P

You could get a couple of zebra snails that would be cool - danios are busy, I would leave them to the mid and upper territory and get some bottom dwellers to even it out
 
I am thinking of neons and tetras platies and swordtail? DO u think it is fine?
 
I am thinking of neons and tetras platies and swordtail? DO u think it is fine?

Up to you, just don't over do it, neons are weak and the others are livebearers so probably not the best option but your shout
 

Most reactions

Back
Top