Is Bio CO2 safe?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wolfey

Reaction score
Hey there.

So i recently got myself a Bio CO2 system by JBL (Pro Flora Bio 160) and got it set up. Today I also got myself a permanent CO2 test to monitor the levels over time.

My worry is that since the CO2 will be produced at all times that the levels will get too high at night and i might risk my fish suffocating.
My tank is pretty well planted and my surface agitation is also high.

Did anyone have or does anyone still use a bio CO2 system?
I would be happy for some of your personal experiences.

I also got myself a test kit for better testing.

PH: 7,2
KH: 15
Fe: 0,1
NO3: 3
NO2: 0,025
Temp: 24°C
GH: 14

I don’t have any personal experieces with bio-CO2. But I do know that plants intake CO2 during the day (or when your light is on), this is when there doing photosynthesis. But at night (or when your light is off) is when they don't need CO2, in a normal CO2 setup the CO2 is on a timer and is only on during the day (or its physically turned off at night). This way it is safe for your fish. I don't know if you can put your CO2 system on a timer or not but that would definitely help. And if not, you might be able to reduce the output of CO2 to a very low output, so it doesn't get too bad at night. Another solution, if you cant turn the CO2 off, is getting an air stone and turning that on at night so the fish get a reload of air, and then the plants get their CO2 during the day.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back