What's new

Introduction

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

MetroPlecs

Reaction score
Hi all, as you may have surmised, my name "MetroPlecs" is a play on words. I live in Dallas Tx and the term metroplex is often used locally to describe the entirety of Dallas and all of it's suburbs, but one of my favorite fish is my Albino Bristle Nosed Plecostomus.
I have a 20 gallon high with the Pleco, a collection of Honey Gourami's, 3 Corys, and a couple of small Angelfish.
Off and on over the years I've had larger tanks before, but the wife and I are retired and live in an apartment now, so a large tank just wouldn't work out very well.
Anyway glad to be here with so many fellow hobbyists. I'm not an expert, but I do enjoy the hobby.

Hey there! Welcome aboard!
Glad you could find where to post! Hopefully it wasn't too hard.(?)
Are all those fish in the 20g high or are they all in separate tanks?

Just one tank Rocky. 1 young Pleco, 3 Corys, 7 Honey Gourami's, and a couple small Angels. Of course when the Angels get bigger they'll get traded back to the LFS. They get along well. The Angels belong to the wife. She insisted, so I told her how big they get and she says it'll be OK to trade 'em back in when they get too big for our tank.

Just one tank Rocky. 1 young Pleco, 3 Corys, 7 Honey Gourami's, and a couple small Angels. Of course when the Angels get bigger they'll get traded back to the LFS. They get along well. The Angels belong to the wife. She insisted, so I told her how big they get and she says it'll be OK to trade 'em back in when they get too big for our tank.
Ah ok! Sounds like a good plan!
But the bristlenose is a tight fit... Most likely doable but they would much rather be in a 20g long or and 30g tank.
Especially with corydoras at the bottom as well, its a bit cramped.

And you have 7 honey gouramis or was that a typo?
If you have seven that is wayyy too many I'm afraid. I would only do two honey gouramis (one male and one female OR two females).
Seven is really cramping the tank especially with the angels. Its a deadly mix up and I would try decreasing the fish amounts as soon as possible.

Ah ok! Sounds like a good plan!
But the bristlenose is a tight fit... Most likely doable but they would much rather be in a 20g long or and 30g tank.
Especially with corydoras at the bottom as well, its a bit cramped.

And you have 7 honey gouramis or was that a typo?
If you have seven that is wayyy too many I'm afraid. I would only do two honey gouramis (one male and one female OR two females).
Seven is really cramping the tank especially with the angels. Its a deadly mix up and I would try decreasing the fish amounts as soon as possible.

Granted this tank is still a work in progress, including the fish count. Some fish were added temporarily because what I wanted was not available yet. Like I only planned on 1 angel, but bought 2 hoping to keep the friendliest of the pair, then never parted with the other. So like I said, it's still a work in progress. But we're getting there. :)

Granted this tank is still a work in progress, including the fish count. Some fish were added temporarily because what I wanted was not available yet. Like I only planned on 1 angel, but bought 2 hoping to keep the friendliest of the pair, then never parted with the other. So like I said, it's still a work in progress. But we're getting there. :)
I have plans for my tank as well to add more fish but I haven't added anything for months. No need to put animals in danger for our wants.
I'm not trying to sound too harsh. I'm just saying what's best for the animals.
You should definitely decrease the amount of fish though

Well,
Hi & welcome to TFF... :hi:
Sounds like you're a real pleco fan... :)

For August Fish of the Month, we will be featuring Plecos. You should consider entering your Pleco in the contest. We will start the entry thread on Saturday.

Welcome to TFF, always nice to see another fellow Texan join the forum ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back