Introducing Palla

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hey Wolf, gorgeous girl you have there :drool:

In my experience the blue sheen is very much apparent in juvenile/sub adults and more obvious directly the few weeks after a moult.
As an example, this is my Aphonopelma seemanii (Zebra T. or Stripe Kneed T. ) in the middle of moulting;

6.jpg

and the same girl as she was 6 weeks later;

stripe3.jpg

:good:
Have fun with her, just remember every single time you handle a T. you can be taking a fairly large risk. If an invert like a T which isnt adapted to cope with possibly falling any real distance, one drop can result in a rupture :crazy:
Handling is no problem so long as you are aware of it ;) I'm mentioning it more so others know too :)

Lotte***

there must be something wrong with me! as soon as someone says 'don't look, theres a big spider' i just HAVE to look!!! just to see how big and gross it really is. and i've done it again!!!!! i'm sure to spider lovers its gorgeous and i will admit the colour is nice (did i really say that?!) but ewwwww no, not for me i'm afraid!!!! :no:

falling any real distance, one drop can result in a rupture
yep, I've read about their inability to clot their blood, so handling will be done
mostly on my bed or sofa and carefully too, but thanks for the heads up :)

I looked at getting a zebra but though it was overpriced at £60, so went for the easier one to give me some
experience. I want a Goliath but that will be in a few years when I have far more knowledge than I do now.

Damn nice spider youve got yourself there. Where did you end up getting her from?
I too would love a Theraphosa Goliath, they are really nice spiders, but not one for a first timer as I am.
Plus they are always expensive.

I got her from select exotics, in Sundridge kent.
a bit far for you mate :p
they have quite a few spider and I already want another one :lol:

I handled her today, I just put me hand in front of her and she climbed on, what a great feeling :D

She is a lovely T, congratulations Wolfy, you should come to AES with me in October (or there abouts) it's at Kempton (round the corner from me) and you get some great deals on T's (at the end of the last show I picked up a juvi Goliath for £30.00.) and you can probably get a young white knee for a lot cheaper than you see in shops.

she really is a beauty, definitely a female? I hope so they live so much longer than males.

Congrats again, Lucinda

yup definately a female. the shop says she has bred once and ate the male lol

who is Lucinda?

:eek: you dont remember my mrs name, you'll be in trouble next time you come around !!

ah, Luce is Lucinda!
I never knew that, always been Luce to me.
sorry hun :blush:

bites are rare and no more dangerous than being stung by a bee or wasp. (unless you are sensitive to those)
if the spider raises two front legs and crouches that is a sign to not go near or it'll strike.

the main danger with tarantulas is from their hairs, some have the ability to throw the hairs off
thier back and they are barbed and very hard to remove; if they penetrate your skin they are an
extreme irritant and many people are allergic to them so anaphalaxis (sp) is quite possible.

Very nice tank setup Wolf, she's definately a lucky girl. :good:

I'd like to nominate the second pic (the bonus one :fun: ) for POTM, hopefully someone will second it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back