Interpet Whitespot Med

Craster

Fish Crazy
Joined
Mar 28, 2008
Messages
244
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Hello all. I've got an outbreak of WhiteSpot in my tank, and am treating with the Interpet medication. The medication is a deep blue, and when added to the tank immediately colours the whole tank blue. Within an hour though, the colouring is gone, and I'm worried that something is somehow stripping the medication out of the water, rendering it useless.

My filter only has two lots of biomedia (noodles) and the sponge - no carbon, and no water polishing products.

Is the medication still effective even though the colour disappears?

Thanks.
 
Hi yes that is norm for it to disappear.
turn your tank temp up to about 80 helps with the treatment.
good luck
 
Yep when I used it a while back, made the tank water blue for about hour or so then slowly the water clears again. Perfectly normal, remember once the treatment is finished and the white spot is gone, to do a water change and add some carbon to remove the meds completely.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top