Internet Leak Cam...

hoarp001

Fish Crazy
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
252
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Uk, Bourne End, Buckinghamshire
Well im in france in some novatel (stopping over half way on the way to holiday) and I have paid 12€ to get wifi access on my laptop.

Before I set off i put my dlink camera up facing my cycling tank. Just to check for leaks.

Isn't it cool?!

:hyper:
 
So do you get live web streaming from your webcam when you log on ? If so - that's way cool :good:
 
yeah i can type in hoarpcam.gotdns.com in any computer anywhere in the world, put my username and password in and get live stremed video and audio from the Camera. best of all the camera has pan tilt and zoom so i can move it around and check the rest of the room. the arrows to the right of the viewing window move the camera around.

having great fun.
 
its a d-link 5300w, and it was about 350 quid last year...

this one:

click

Thats the 5300*G* not w. its just faster wifi. I can plug it into the mains anywhere in the house and it connects to the wifi. At the moment its plugged into the ethernet to allow a faster streaming.

Its pretty cool...
 
I could think of other uses for that, you could literally do anything. Spy on people the lot (not that I would), does it have a mic on it?

Neal
 
when i was at school, i used to hide it in the garage and watch the couriers put my parcels in there. justo to check they didnt sit down and have their lunch or anything. I also used it when we had plumbers over and no one was in the house.

It has a cool feature where you can set motion hotspots. If the camera detects motion it takes a picture and saves it to an FTP server. So even if the camera and computers were stolen all the pictures would be safe on an FTP.

:lol:
 
brilliant!! id love to get one for when we go away to goa in december but what would i do if i saw a problem with our fish!!! panic!
 
thats the one drawback. I suppose phone the nextdor neighbor and instruct her over the phone!

Im back from rural france and im sitting in the same novotel again. The tanks fine, no leeks and it looks much greener now. Plus the house dosnt seem to have been broken in to which is always a plus.

Back home tomorrow :D

Yes, it does have a mic.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top