Interestng Question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AngelOfDeath

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi, i visited my grandad today, noticed his angelfish were absolutely massive, three times the size they first were from a few months ago, much bigger than mine. i put this massive spurt down to him feeding them twice daily, however when i checked his thermometor it was around 40 degrees! they have been living heathily in around that temp for a while. my question is, how come this temp doesn't kill them? and are goldfish likely to see huge growth spurts in these warm temps?

it may well cause a growth spirt at this sort of temperature but it will also shorten there life considerably :(

jen

High temperatures will speed up biological processes as long as it is not high enough to cause the fish damage. 40C sounds very high to me, even for tropicals that like warmer water. If I did the math right that is 104F. I have never tried to keep any fish at a ridiculous temperature like that.

40c does equal 104F. Angels can handle high temps, as long as there is enough aeration to keep O2 levels up. This and more frequent feedings will get size out of them quickly, but as mentioned, will shorten their life. I would not try this high a temp with goldfish.

I've had angels at near 100F, 104 is really pushing it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back