Insectivorous Fish?

yabby

New Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2009
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Australia
Any suggestions for a cool fish for my 20 gallon community aquarium that will readily eat any insects that I put in for it off the surface? Seems like a great source of food around my area that would otherwise go to waste ;)

Cheers
 
What types of fish have you got in/planning to put in already?

I don't know of any fish that actively pick insects off the surface, but I wouldn't imagine it's too uncommon.
 
At the moment theres just a dwarf gourami, two guppys and a yabby (he doesnt eat fish..what a soft ######)
 
Pretty much all fish from neon tetra up, eat insects. What insects in particular anyway?
 
African butterfly fish possibly, but they will also eat smaller fish too so beware. Think they're known for jumping out of tanks too, so a decent lid would be an idea.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top