Innovative Marine Aquariums - Any Thoughts??

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Joeyfin624

Reaction score
Hello All,
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Innovative Marine aquariums? I am looking at the Fusion Pro 20 gallon as a beginner tank. A couple of things I have read and seen on youtube reviews:
1) Several complaints about the filtration system not being up to par.
2) Gaps around the mesh lid (Not really a big deal to me but just posting what I heard)

If I get this aquarium, I plan to use it as a simple freshwater community tank. I see on the IM website, they do offer custom caddy filer baskets as an upgrade. I'm wondering of that would even be worthwhile to purchase.
Any insight is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Do you know the dimensions? Is it a 20 long or tall. A simple sponge filter for a tank the size would do a good job and be cheaper. You would not have to buy all those expensive cartridges the LFS like to sell us.

Looks very nice - but way overpriced for what you need for a tropical tank.
AFAIK the standard offering comes without lights and you will probably want a solid cover to reduce evaporation. I looked at these a while ago when I was thinking about marine - seems like a well designed and well thought out system (for marine).

Just FWIW I preferred the size of the 25G

Looks very nice - but way overpriced for what you need for a tropical tank.
AFAIK the standard offering comes without lights and you will probably want a solid cover to reduce evaporation. I looked at these a while ago when I was thinking about marine - seems like a well designed and well thought out system (for marine).

Just FWIW I preferred the size of the 25G

Seangee, thank you for your thoughts. My other serious consideration is the Fluval Flex 15 gallon. I don't really want to go as big as the Fluval Mega Flex 32.5 gallon mainly due to space limitations. Using those as the pricing barometer, I didn't think the price on this was that far out of line and I may or may not go with the stand they offer.
I agree with you though....I do like the lid on the Fluval Flex with the incorporated light. Do you really think water evaporation would be a big issue on the IM tank with the mesh lid?

have you got a link for them?

Hi Colin. Here is the link for the tank and stand together. Not sure if I would get the stand or not but I do like the look of it very much.

Do you know the dimensions? Is it a 20 long or tall. A simple sponge filter for a tank the size would do a good job and be cheaper. You would not have to buy all those expensive cartridges the LFS like to sell us.

Retired Viking, the link is below. I realize I can do something considerably cheaper. For me though, and maybe this is not a good way to think as an aquarium hobbyist but I plan to put this in the living room of my condo and I'm looking at the overall aesthetics and appearance which is why I lean heavily toward the all in one setup types. This and Fluval Flex.

I understand your wanting good aesthetics and appearance especially for your "display" tank. You can always look into installing sponge filters in your all in one filter and remove the carbon cartridge and others you really do not need. I would be interested in seeing pictures of your tank when you are done if you could post them. Good luck.

Seangee, thank you for your thoughts. My other serious consideration is the Fluval Flex 15 gallon. I don't really want to go as big as the Fluval Mega Flex 32.5 gallon mainly due to space limitations. Using those as the pricing barometer, I didn't think the price on this was that far out of line and I may or may not go with the stand they offer.
I agree with you though....I do like the lid on the Fluval Flex with the incorporated light. Do you really think water evaporation would be a big issue on the IM tank with the mesh lid?
You will get evaporation, prob several inches a week. This could cause damage to the room the tank is in and evaporated water should be topped up with RO or distilled water as only the water evaporates but the minerals remain which means that over time your tank chemistry changes if you keep topping up with tap water.

I do have a Flex 15. I love it but it is definitely a nano tank and you are quite restricted on what you can keep with the small footprint. If you have the space try to get something at least 60cm (2') long as that will give you far more options when it comes to fish.

If you are sufficiently bored here is the journal for my flex https://www.fishforums.net/threads/lake-inle-nano.448015/

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back