Info on new skin cancer drug

And the research continues on, whether it's potential cancer fighting vaccines or studies of the evolution of our fish. We humans can be awful, but we're a clever species when we work hard, share information and ask questions. Both my grandfathers and my father died from health problems that can now be routinely treated and sometimes cured. I have an odd form of inherited diabetes that gives me better readings now than before it was diagnosed, all thanks to meds. It devastated the lives of many of the older people in my family.

We're doing things.
 
I inherited 'thick blood' from my father who died at 59. So far I have had 3 pulmonary embolisms first at age 46, but the last one was the fault of a hospital consultant who told me it was safe to stop my medication for 4 days prior to having an endoscopy.
 
There is talk of a cautious breakthrough with this drug. It would be wonderful if a drug were developed that could combat all forms of cancer. As a number of you already know, I'm battling cancer ever since 2012. I'm still not in the safe zone for that matter...
 
We'll need a lot of different treatments for a lot of different cancers, but they can't come soon enough. Vaccines would be a positive for those cancers that can be affected by them. Stan, you're right about cautious optimism, and we've got to get you clear of that problem. You're the @emeraldking after all!
 
So much good research going on in healthcare on many fronts. Makes me ever hopeful :D

My husband worked as a medicinal chemist for many years. So we pay attention to possible new treatments & trials for many diseases. Research is very expensive & may not lead to answers. But new factual, repeatable info is always good.

(OK, I'm on the verge of a funding/political/ethics rant, self-editing)
 
When I see people providing life saving healthcare to total strangers - to me, that's the best of us. It keeps me from wanting to go live as a hermit on a rock. The more tools available for people to do that, the better.
 
The mRNA concept was totally awesome (forgive me, I’m a retired biology teacher) back in COVID days, is currently used in Flu Vacs, and now has found its way into cancer treatments. I have, and still do, believe that this is the new frontier as it is the ultimate design for specific responses to various cytological issues within the body. It is without side effects, introduces no dead material for the body to recognize, and is very likely super long lasting in that the protein markers are long lived.

Do me a favor and read about how mRNA vaccines work to program proteins for recognition and how it goes about directing the body to attack invaders. ******* Btw…..I do not own stock related to this at all.******* It is a scientifically marvelous concept that (imho) warrants both our understanding and support.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top