In-sump Media Basket Contents?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ikon

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
here is another infamous diagram of what i am doing..my question is what type of media should i put in the basket? carbon, ammo chips, ceramic noodles, filter pad...what do you suggest?<br>

sumpbasket.jpg

ROWAPHOS! :D Stuff is great for removing phosphates which are big in nuisance algae production :good:

You'll have to bag it up in a women's nylon though cause rowaphos is a sediment filter that will get everywhere without the fine meshing of nylon.

where can i find it? lfs?

what if i did a layer of that and a layer of carbon in a filter pad?

Sure, you might want to just create a tray that you can throw bagged media in :)

Rowaphos might be hard to find. Its a UK product which was not widely distributed to the states. The owner of my LFS said an importer just started bringing it in at a very reasonable price. I'd ask the owner of your LFS first, but if he doesnt know who imports it, lemme know and I'll get the name of the company from the guys at mine. He told me but I dont remember :blush:

Okay i plan to do a three layer basket, 1 RowaPhos, 1 ChemiPure and 1 activated carbon...sound good? also was wondering if such a system would frequently clog up and need a lot of maintenence?

Nah, just a monthly rinsing of the bags. I'd be a little wary about that chemi pure product. Anything that says it "regulates pH" makes me wonder what the heck is actually in it. I want to be the one in control of my pH, not some fire-and-forget hard chemical additive. Just my oppinion, but I wouldnt use it.

already found it!

http://www.thatpetplace.com/Products/KW/ro...0/Itemdy00.aspx

this website is incredible...they have the lowest prices around and great customer service from my experience.

Thats not a bad price, almost the equivalent that we get it over here.

If you buy the 100ml or 250ml pots in the UK you get a free filter sock to put it in, did you get that?

Best to put it in a filter sock or bag because the granules are quite small, and can make the water go brownish, if the smaller particles are not contained.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back