In search of fry

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Kurtis19932019

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I am searching for unwanted fry. Weather its from unexpected breeding or just trying to weed out the little guys to solve crowding issues. Im looking for someone willing to send them to me to save them the hassle of trying to re-home or having to cull them god forbid. I have a tank ready and set up to take them off of your hands. PLEASE DONā€™T CULL. Please contact me if you have some fry and will be willing to shop them to me. Thank you and i hope you guys are enjoying your tank buddies. Freshwater fry. My location is pecatonica illinois

Last edited:
Hello everybody. I am searching for unwanted fry. Weather its from unexpected breeding or just trying to weed out the little guys to solve crowding issues. Im looking for someone willing to send them to me to save them the hassle of trying to re-home or having to cull them god forbid. I have a tank ready and set up to take them off of your hands. PLEASE DONā€™T CULL. Please contact me if you have some fry and will be willing to shop them to me. Thank you and i hope you guys are enjoying your tank buddies. Freshwater fry[/p
Posting your location will help members.

Best of luck.

If you right click your name on the top right of the screen, and open in new tab. It will open your account up and there should be a place for you to type your location in.

What do you plan to do with the fry? What size tank do you have? I have some Shubunkin fry but they will eventually need a pond or a very large aquarium as they get about 8ā€ long. ( The ones I breed do). Others can grow over a foot. These are not feeder fish.

What do you plan to do with the fry? What size tank do you have? I have some Shubunkin fry but they will eventually need a pond or a very large aquarium as they get about 8ā€ long. ( The ones I breed do). Others can grow over a foot. These are not feeder fish.
I sent you a private message. But I have a 38 gallon tank for the fry available .

Just sent you a response. Iā€™d be happy to send you a couple when they get bigger. Right now they have to be fed 3 - 4 times a day and wonā€™t survive shipping. I do have shipping boxes already. Would need to get a hold of some breather bags. Anyone know where I can get a couple??? This is with the understanding that they eventually go into a pond as we discussed.

Check Ebay for bags or visit a pet shop and ask if you can grab a couple from them.

Breather bags weigh heaps (due to being full of water) and are not the best for shipping fish if you pay the courier by weight or are sending them by plane.

Fast the fish for 24 hours before sending them.
Do a couple of big water changes a few days before sending them.
You can add some Ammogon/ zeolite (ammonia adsorbing granules) to the bag with the fish.
You can add a small piece of neutral block to the bag of fish to help stabilise the pH.

If you send them by plane, fill a plastic fish bag about 1/4 to 1/3 with tank water and add the fish. Top the bag up with oxygen and seal it up. Put that bag in another bag and seal it up. Put it in a third bag and seal it up. Put a plastic bag in an esky and put the bags of fish in the big plastic bag that is lining the esky. Seal up esky and send it off.

Just sent you a response. Iā€™d be happy to send you a couple when they get bigger. Right now they have to be fed 3 - 4 times a day and wonā€™t survive shipping. I do have shipping boxes already. Would need to get a hold of some breather bags. Anyone know where I can get a couple??? This is with the understanding that they eventually go into a pond as we discussed.
Thank you very much. Usually if you go into a pet store that sells fish and ask them for some bags they will be happy to sell you some of Thiers or maybe even give you some for free. And yes a pond is a requirement for large fish as such. I can promise they will go into a pond when they reach a good size.

I can get a few bags from my Lfs, Iā€™m sure. Thanks, Colin for the info!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back