Imbellis Wont Stop Spawning?

Auratus

Why am I browsing a fish forum at 2am?
Reaction score
Well, my first imbellis spawn didn't hatch, but 4 days later they tried again. I got fry from this one. The mom is really good and helps with the nest. They have two nests going under two seperate leaves and I think it's good that the mom is helping out because the nests are pretty far away from eachother. But... she still wants to spawn. He chases her away and flares which just gets her in the mood :lol:. She just rolls over for him under the nest and wont go away until he wraps around her. He'll do it once and be like "Okay woman... leave me be. :p" Then he'll go back to tending the nest and she'll go put her own eggs in the other one! So... it's kind of like a non stop fry care/spawning. I know this has gotta be stressful. But I'm afraid if I remove her the male wont be able to care for everything on his own. They've gotta stop eventually... right? :huh:

;)
91882de9.jpg

695dc530.jpg

:lol: funny story, purhaps you could put up a thin plastic divider? with one nest and the female on one side, and the male and the other nest on teh other side? or you could remove the female all together. thogh the male probably wont tend to the females nest, he will probably care for teh fry that come from it. i wouldn't worry about the male getting too fatiged, he'll be just fine by himself. it userally the bettas with longer finage that end up becomeing exhausted from a long spawn

:lol: He's a stud like me. Except I don't spawn forever :shifty: I don't really know whats going on your bettas. Hope it stops soon... :D

-Arrowhead ;)

:lol:

Well, they spawned for about an hour and he chased her away and she got really pale, so I put her on the other side of the tank. She's trying everything she can to get over. I feel really bad... :sad:

But the male is dive bombing the glass divider when he sees her so I think it's best for her safety that she stays behind the glass. :nod:

Oh yea... look above the java leaf on the left... see that... that's a fry!!! :hyper: Free swimming and everything! you can see a few others chillin in the nest. I'm working on uploading spawn videos right now too.

233bc5da.jpg

Haha, funny story. The woman knows what she wants! :hey:
Huge congrats on the fry!!

Oh, if you are in the mood for selling, I'll take a male, my parents are getting more relaxed about me buying bettas and other fish.

Ur female Betta sounds like someone i know. :D

Most reactions

Back