I'm looking for a 30 gallon tank (preferably long)

Tacocat

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
This summer, I'm planning to do a summer day job, and I'm going to see if I can save up for a 30 gallon tank to make a stream or pleco breeding aquarium. Does anybody have a link for a 30 gallon tank on amazon or in Canada?

Preferably cheap, under 250 Canadian Dollars

My lfs sells kits for fair prices, perhaps check a locally owned, smaller business kind of pet store
I've checked all of the ones nearby, and none of them have 30 gallons.

It seems even Amazon doesn't have one.

OH RIGHT! PETSMART DEFINITELY WILL HAVE ONE

They're very hard to find. My 30 gallon long (glass) is made by SeaClear. I grabbed it when I found it in a local fish store, but I haven't seen another one since then.

Yeah, I agree. Even Petsmart doesn't have it. Well, I'll just have to go with the 50 gallon. At least this opens up my fish options. If I were to buy a 50 gallon, how would I breed L-183 Starlight ancistrus plecos? And what possible fish could I put with it? This is just speculation now, as I'm not even sure my parents would allow a second tank.

I think it will be cheaper if you can find one from your lfs.
The shipment may be expensive if you were to order online.(my guess).

In my country, the local made tank is many times cheaper than those branded or imported tanks.

I think it will be cheaper if you can find one from your lfs.
The shipment may be expensive if you were to order online.(my guess).

In my country, the local made tank is many times cheaper than those branded or imported tanks.

too bad I can't use that link, because there is no way my parents are going to drive all the way to Guelph to pick up a fish tank. Awww it's cheap too!

There is a cheap 20 gallon, so I guess pleco breeding it is🤷‍♂️

I guess first you have to decide which species of Pleco that you are going to keep.
Some Plecos will grow to 18 inches.

Look for Plecos that stay small probably around 4-5 inches. Then you don't need very big tank.

I guess first you have to decide which species of Pleco that you are going to keep.
Some Plecos will grow to 18 inches.

Look for Plecos that stay small probably around 4-5 inches. Then you don't need very big tank.
My LFS has some L-183 Starlight plecos on sale, so I think those might be the ones.

this

Attachments

• pleco-WhiteSeamL183_grande.jpg
    pleco-WhiteSeamL183_grande.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 52

Most reactions

trending

Back