I'm Hungry!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Caprichoso

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hiya,

Here is one of my favourite recipe's that I would like to share with you. I thought it would be nice to have a bit of a recipe swap on here.

Cheers!

Deviled Eggs

4 hard cooked eggs, peeled
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon whole grain or Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
Paprika and/or minced parsley leaves for garnish

-Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and pop out yolks.
-Mash the yolks with the salt, mayonnaise, mustard and cayenne. Spoon the filling back into the whites or use a pastry bag and pipe the filling in.
-Lightly dash with paprika and/or parsley
-Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 24 hrs.

I always get asked for this recipe when I serve it, the eggs have a nice spicy kick to them. Enjoy :good:

FOOD! I love food!

Here's a recipe for a super simple Chocolate Souffle. Souffle seemed like a very difficult dessert to make to me until I found this recipe :blush:

Ingredients
100g good quality dark chocolate, melted
50g caster sugar
4 egg whites
2 egg yolks
Butter for ramekins

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 150C, rub butter inside ramekins.
2. Boil water in a sauce pan, break chocolate into a bowl and sit it on top of the sauce pan.
3. While chocolate is melting, whisk egg whites. Start slow and speed up when they thicken. Stop when they are glossy and stiff peaks form. Don't worry about losing air at this point of time.
4. Whisk egg yolks with sugar till combined. Add chocolate slowly.
5. Add egg whites to the egg yolk mixture, fold until combined. Do not over mix or fold too fast if not you'll lose air.
6. Immediately spoon into ramekins and smooth edges for even rising. Bake for 25 mins.

Makes 4.

Theres a food section in general hobbies too guys, maybe you could check it out... :good:

Theres certainly worst takeaways than McDonalds, just walk down your local high street, at least mcdonalds has health and safety standards. Certainly has a bad reputation though. Have you seen Supersize Me?

Theres certainly worst takeaways than McDonalds, just walk down your local high street, at least mcdonalds has health and safety standards. Certainly has a bad reputation though. Have you seen Supersize Me?
I'm not denying that! I don't eat them either! :lol: we do sometimes get take away, but mostly I cook.

Op: what kind of recipes were you meaning? Meals, snacks, what to do with leftovers? I wouldn't even know where to start I have so many! One of our fave desserts is cake with fruit in it. Leftover roast joints get made into curry, risotto, or burritos. One of the kids favourite meals is sausage casserole. My friend's recipe for egg mayo is the nicest I've tasted, and I make a lovely potato salad. :lol:

I welcome any homemade recipe! Simple, complicated, entree, dessert, tapas...basically, something you really love and enjoy :drool: and wouldn't mind sharing.

Thanks for the souffle recipe Clarousel, I think I could actually make this one:)

Cheers!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back