Im back(again)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DerpPH

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hey guys im finally back to fishkeeping again.

Havent been posting on this forum for a few years now and with the whole quarantine going on I finally have time for serious fishkeeping again

Had a few tanks setup like 2 months ago and here they are
1. An indoor 7 gallon tank housing golden back yellow shrimp
2. An outdoor 15 gallon neon tetra tank(yes outdoor cause I live in the tropics)

Hoping to hear a little feedback and suggestions.
20200519_073840.jpg
20200624_002259.jpg

Welcome back :)

Hello, nice looking tanks, a suggestion for your neon tetra tank, they come from South American Jungle Streams so they will have less stress if you have some floating plants and shade. They are a darker water fish. Here is a picture of my 55 gallon tetra tank. I used anacharis as a floating plant as in the picture but as I soften my water I am switching to salvinia. A picture background or black paper background would also help and the tetras colors will show up better against a dark background.

Attachments

• GEDC1296.JPG
    GEDC1296.JPG
    882.8 KB · Views: 132
Hello, nice looking tanks, a suggestion for your neon tetra tank, they come from South American Jungle Streams so they will have less stress if you have some floating plants and shade. They are a darker water fish. Here is a picture of my 55 gallon tetra tank. I used anacharis as a floating plant as in the picture but as I soften my water I am switching to salvinia. A picture background or black paper background would also help and the tetras colors will show up better against a dark background.
Thanks for the tips but yeah they are in a somewhat dim tank even if its outdoors. I put in a leaf or two of Indian Almond leaves to ensure the dimness and pH are there

Welcome back! :hi:

I would personally add a black background on the Neon Tetra tank. It makes the fish feel more secure, and it looks better. I will post a picture of my 29g Neon Tetra tank later on today. (With a black background)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back