I'm about to buy some food for my Discus

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

itiwhetu

Naturally First
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I need to buy some more Algae Discs, what else should I buy to feed my Discus and Tetras.

I need to buy some more Algae Discs, what else should I buy to feed my Discus and Tetras.
do you have freeze dried blood worms? they are a quick way to add some protein, and are a lot simpler than thawing or live food
there is something called Bug Bites flakes, that's in america, not sure if it is in your area. my fish from the top feeders to the bottom feeders enjoy it

do you have freeze dried blood worms? they are a quick way to add some protein, and are a lot simpler than thawing or live food
there is something called Bug Bites flakes, that's in america, not sure if it is in your area. my fish from the top feeders to the bottom feeders enjoy it
Bug Bite Flakes I can get, are they good. My problem is I haven't bought any food in years and things change.

I was thinking about these

Bug Bites is a good brand in my opinion 👍🏻

I doubt discus will take freeze dried bloodworms or other types of floating foods. Possibly freeze dried tubifex in the cubes. Then you can push them against the glass, under the water.

Have you got daphnia and mozzie larvae cultures?
If not, maybe get some live daphnia and start a culture.
Mozzie larvae will just appear in buckets of water left under trees. If a few leaves land in the buckets, it is more attractive to the mozzies.

Frozen foods could consist of brineshrimp, bloodworm, daphnia, mysis shrimp, marine green.

Maybe some marine algae from the Asian section in the supermarket.

I would not feed any fish freeze dried food. First, the nutritional level is not much compared to other "dried" foods (;like the bug bites), second there is a risk the fish will swallow the freeze dried food and it will expand as it absorbs water--problem is, the expansion is in the fish's stomach causing real problems. Just avoid them.

Bug Bites is about the best dried food simply because all carnivorous and omnivorous fish eat insects/insect larvae and that is what this is, black soldier fly larvae and whole salmon. Fresh frozen daphnia is also good.

I feed my fish bug bite pellets and frozen brine shrimp. They seem to gobble them both right up and color up nicely along with it

I doubt discus will take freeze dried bloodworms or other types of floating foods. Possibly freeze dried tubifex in the cubes. Then you can push them against the glass, under the water.

Have you got daphnia and mozzie larvae cultures?
If not, maybe get some live daphnia and start a culture.
Mozzie larvae will just appear in buckets of water left under trees. If a few leaves land in the buckets, it is more attractive to the mozzies.

Frozen foods could consist of brineshrimp, bloodworm, daphnia, mysis shrimp, marine green.

Maybe some marine algae from the Asian section in the supermarket.
I do the mozzie thing in summer, I do frozen blood worm and algae discs. There are hundreds of products out there are any of them any good

I would not feed any fish freeze dried food. First, the nutritional level is not much compared to other "dried" foods (;like the bug bites), second there is a risk the fish will swallow the freeze dried food and it will expand as it absorbs water--problem is, the expansion is in the fish's stomach causing real problems. Just avoid them.

Bug Bites is about the best dried food simply because all carnivorous and omnivorous fish eat insects/insect larvae and that is what this is, black soldier fly larvae and whole salmon. Fresh frozen daphnia is also good.
Bug bites vege for the Discus?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back