If This Happened To You

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

lmao

The decision I made was right (luckily) as the water was so cold...took 3 1/2 to heat up.

The only things that have happened to me is my canister filter sometimes decieds to leak so it is now sitting in a large plastic bin. The other was when my parents were rearanging the basement they moved the airpump to my 55gal. In the middle of the night it fell off the cabinet the put it on. I didn't have a check valve on so in the morning a good 2-3 gallons had drained out of the tank :look: . Lesson learned: use a check value<-( this should of been common sense) :blush:.

I had that horrible thought go through my mind once. I don't want it to ever run through my mind again or actually happen.

All I know is i'd be grabbing lots of buckets and towels.

My biggest tank is a 400lts and its right at the bottom of my bed so if that went in the night i would get very wet indeed. After the shock of that i would try and get all my girls together (bettas) then my cats and any other i found in the process. But i have thought about it all the time, breaking or going through the floor into the kitchen :crazy:

Lastnight i heard a driping noise coming from nowhere, i throught the pipes from the ceiling were leaking, but they weren't. so i left it alone. next thing the aquarium is sitting on a material to soakup any spills and it turned out all wet and gone brown lol.
i took a look at the back and there was water everywhere! i do not know where it was coming from but the filter was wet at the bottum. so i lifted it up and cleaned it. the question is...

what would you do if your aquarium broke and fish + water went everywhere :D

i have a lil fish tank 4 liter with water in all the time just incase i think 4get the tank that wont die lol

I have one tank upstairs, a 65 gallon. I set it up next to a floor vent for my home heat, if anything suddenly went bad a majority of the water would go down this vent, and out the ceiling vent below it, onto the concrete basement floor. It would have to travel the length of the house to get to the furnace, past a couple more downstairs vents on its way. I would be replacing some of the drywall ceiling downstairs, and sucking water out of the carpeting witn the carpet shampooer for quite a while. I would be sleeping on the couch for even longer.

The rest of the tanks are downstairs, I've had numerous instances of water running when it shouldn't, siphons moving & flooding the floor when I'm not watching, loose fitting spraying water, and tanks overflowing. This is easily fixed with a mop & bucket, add a little bleach & soap to clean the floor since it's already wet.

A tank blowing out would be more of a fish problem than a tank problem, as the contents are usually worth more than the tank. It would be anything from a customer's shipment being on hold, to a portion of my breeding program set back a year.

i'd cry. and while crying i'd be running around like a madman trying to save, if possible, my fichies. afterward i'd be emptying my bank to the people downstairs

Most reactions

Back