If I Were To Have This Stocking..

kevinthecow

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
657
Reaction score
1
Points
0
55G,

Seven Black Skirt Tetras,
Four Albino Cories
Two ADF's
Two Weather Loaches
1-3 Honey Gouramis

Are peacock eel's possible in this stocking?
 
The only thing I know ADF stands for is Australian Defence Force. :blush:

What does ADF stand for?
 
african dwarf frog

kevin, i'm no expert..so i won't comment on the eel, but you should put your cories up to 6 it hink, i think that's the ideal group size, and with a tank that big you could no problem. i would think. Also i think the weather loaches prefer a bigger group also.
 
oh. I would say no on the eel and frogs. the eels are cool but they would eat the other stuff. the frogs are just pests in my opinion.
 
well i don't really think the eels would eat the other inhabitants. peacock eels are pretty friendly from what i understand. they shouldn't eat anything under 1". but i've read of some being with neons and never ate them as they were brought up with them and dind't recognize them as food...

...i think you could keep the peacock eel. i don't know much about them really...so don't base this off me..but i think you've probably got enough room. the difficulty with them as i have read is feeding them..they can be very fussy, or else very non aggressive eaters..so it may take some work on your part if you want to keep them.
 
LOL, ugh.
My Weather loaches are tamed. They actually do snuggle in my hand. (well, one does. The one with the more peaceful looking eyes, other one just looks plain evil. :))

Alright, so. Peacock eels = 10-12", and then they should be kept in groups. They're really fun fish, and peaceful. (Friendly, mostly. Not many reports of deaths.)


And, ADF's = African Dwarf Frogs. Males = 1.5", Females = 2" (Mine currently.)
Cories, aren't they minimum 4 per shoal? I'll add a few more though.
CKutz, The loaches do like a larger group. But I've read 10" longs. So I wasn't sure. I would get more, but is it possible? And, alright thanks about the diet issue there. I'll dig deeper, then edit some stuff out of this thread. :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top