Gone Fishing

Fishmanic39 156

Gone Fishing
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Supporting Member ⭐
Joined
Sep 23, 2013
Messages
13,657
Reaction score
16,091
Points
113
Location
Northeastern USA
Well, today I went fishing at my family owned fish store.
I’ve been wanting a Bolivian Ram for a long time ever since my elder Bolivian Ram passed. Bolivian Rams have great personalities and they like to come to the front of the tank and watch their owners and react to them. I bought one of them.

While at the LFS, I also bought 3 Black Skirt Tetras to give my sole survivor Black Skirt Tetra some company. The surviving single tetra would hide all the time at the rear of the tank under the anubias. I am hoping he will now interact with the 3 new tetras and swim more in the open now.

The new fish are now in my well established 29 gallon tank. I now have 4 Black Skirt Tetras. 4 Bushynose Plecos, one new Bolivian Ram, and one Peppered Cory in the tank.
 
Last edited:
This morning I noticed the sole survivor tetra is now mingling with the 3 new Black Skirt Tetras instead of his usual habit of hiding in the back of the tank as far away from other species in the tank as possible. It proves most fish like to swim and interact among their own species instead of living alone (Bettas excepted).
 
Last edited:
Why not a mate for you Bolivian Ram ? That would be cool .
Why not a mate for you Bolivian Ram ? That would be cool .
Bolivian Rams can be a bit territorial , especially if you get 2 males. But I may consider it as they can each set up a territory on each end of the 29 gallon tank. I have had 2 Bolivian Rams in the past. They would often do a mouth to mouth altercation but usually were ok. Yeh, I agree..having a 2nd Bolivian Ram would be cool and who knows, if I can properly sex them, maybe I can get them to breed, though I hear BR prefer to select their mate from a larger group of Rams...just getting two, one of each sex, doesn't necessarily mean they will mate. Like humans, they're fussy and particular when picking a mate.
 
Last edited:
Well.. I went fishing again at my LFS. I bought a mate for my Bolivian Ram and also bought another Black Skirt Tetra. I now have 5 Black Skirt Tertras and two Bolivian Rams. Should be even more interesting to watch them now.
 
Last edited:
How about some pictures.
 
Here’s a pic and video of my new occupants of my 29 gallon tank. (pardon appearance of back wall… way overdue for cleaning).
The family owned fish store where I acquired these have a huge selection of healthy looking fish and often are very decently sized as you can see in the video below.
IMG_0894.jpeg

 
Last edited:

Most reactions

Back
Top