Idle, inactive cherry shrimp

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

rom

Reaction score
I bought some cherry shrimp for the first time recently, got 5 of them from a LFS. I've put them in a tank with otos, CPDS and Amanos. I've been keeping amanos for a while with great success, so I figured I was ready. This tank is only 10g, but its well over 3 years old. It's heavily filtered with a relatively fast flow rate. Lots of plants, the water quality is crystal. I get no nitrates, nitrites/ammonia. One thing I do have a problem is that I can't seem to be rid of the surface protein film. I've been heavily feeding because my CPDS are breeding a lot. I do a 50% water change once a week. The water here is very hard, at about an 8, but so was the LFS. I do use fertilisers, not the ones containing nitrate and phosphate though. It's about 23C in there.

Anyways, They did great for about two weeks. Always eating and active. They never bred but I think they're all female (just my luck). However, one by one they started become inactive, just sitting around doing nothing. I'm not sure what's wrong. I'm not a rookie with fishtanks so It's not cycling issue or something. My amanos are happy and healthy. Any ideas?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back