Ideal Temperature For A Reef Tank

81 day time, around 78 night time, if anything, this fluctuation is healthy for the corals since its natural. I keep mine cooler after reading that my blood shrimp comes from deep water and likes colder temps, so i found a balance, a temp that my corals are healthy at, and a temp where my blood shrimp is healthy at.

I keep mine at 80 degrees, but when it was really hot it went up to 83.

Mine varies, In morning it is around 26-27 then nearer the late night when the sump light have been on for the last hour main lights are one its just peaking at aroun 27-28

But I have a digital laser temp reader and it is accurate and the highest I have ever got is 27.2 deg

38796.JPG

This is what I use

Technical Info

Temperature Range 0-500°F (-18 to 260°C)
Temperature Display 1°F or .5°C
Ambient Operating Range 32 to 120°F (0-50°C)
Repeatability +/- 2% of reading or +/- 3°F (+/- 2°C)
Response Time 500 mSec, 95% response
Emissivity Pre-set .95
Power 9 VDC Alkaline or NiCad battery
Accuracy ±2% of reading or ±2°C (±3.5°F)
Distance to Spot Ratio 6:1

I think it cost about £60 but Ive had it for around 3 years now

heh 8) never seen one of those before! do you just point it at the water or something?

Looks like one of those scalextric controller things from back in the day (dunno if that's just a UK thing)

Yes its just got a red dot and it reads the temp its cool!

Its for automotive I tell you you cant get more accurate!

I got it for work for reading engine temperatures and finding cold spots in engines and radiators but didnt use it that often, I got a digital thermometer and it went faulty and remebered it sat in my tool box so bought it home!

PERFECT

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back