Id This Weird Fish?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

AmtotheBurr

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My friend took this photo at a fish shop today and asked me if I knew what it was. Sorry the photo isn't very good. She said it is a vibrant blue fish with that very weird looking nose. I've never seen one around. Does anyone have a clue what it is?

Update. She said it was in the large aquarium at Bass Pro Shop. It's freshwater tanks there I believe.

I very much doubt that is a freshwater fish.  One of our marine members may know.

It looks like a marine parrot or tusk fish. I would say not freshwater at all.

Hmm. It doesn't really favor those fish, I just looked them up. I guess it must be saltwater, I just wonder what it is now

That is his nose! I found it. Wrasse fish. I found a YouTube video of one and a few photos online with similar noses.
https://youtu.be/ZdmvfjQQLUM

That fish looks injured or to have a tumor on its nose, i wouldnt think that that is natural. 

That is a bird wrasse it is indeed saltwater not fresh and sadly that is a growth of extra skin that can develop on this type of fish and over time will kill them. It seems to be a pretty advanced case of it from that pic.

That is definitely an odd looking fish. But it is an abnormal growth, that makes much more sense.

Most reactions

Back