Ich?

PaintballFan07

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have treated a angel for fin rot for 7 days now. when i placed him/her in the q/tank i believe it had a open wound also cuz i think i saw red spots like blood where the wounds were. well now the wounds are healed but there are some white egg looking spots exactly where the wound used to be. Could this be ich? there arent any small white bubble on the body. thanx

It might be. I have not heard of wounds healing up and looking like that. Check out the pinned articles for confirmation of the spots and how to treat the disorder.

Before doing anything, though, you should do a 25-50% water change to remove the medicines in the tank, and perhaps carbon in the filter to remove it as well. Then you can add new meds (w/o carbon) to make sure the chemicals don't mix to produce toxic mixtures from the different meds.

Tempestuousfury said:
It might be. I have not heard of wounds healing up and looking like that. Check out the pinned articles for confirmation of the spots and how to treat the disorder.

Before doing anything, though, you should do a 25-50% water change to remove the medicines in the tank, and perhaps carbon in the filter to remove it as well. Then you can add new meds (w/o carbon) to make sure the chemicals don't mix to produce toxic mixtures from the different meds.
i already did the water change and i will check out the pinned articles. thanx for ur help

I consulted a book and it says nothing about the parasite infecting injured fish. However, since the fish has been stressed out for a really long time and the parasite begins growing in number when the fishes' immune systems are overloaded, it might be the reason.

If you need any help with treatment or the like, thoguh, just say the word and the information's yours for the taking. :D

Tempestuousfury said:
I consulted a book and it says nothing about the parasite infecting injured fish. However, since the fish has been stressed out for a really long time and the parasite begins growing in number when the fishes' immune systems are overloaded, it might be the reason.

If you need any help with treatment or the like, thoguh, just say the word and the information's yours for the taking. :D
thank u. for now im going to add stress coat and see how its old wound is doing.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back