Ich?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I doubt the problem is velvet (Oodinium). You can check the fish for velvet at night when the lights are off. Shine a torch on the fish and see if they have a gold sheen/ reflection. If they have the gold sheen, then they have velvet. However, velvet should have been wiped out when you did the heat treatment.

At this stage I would do big (75%) daily water changes for a week, and monitor the fish. Then post some more pictures of the fish.

I think it is hole in the head disease but will need more pictures in a week to see if the white dots have moved, or if they are still in the same place. If the dots are still in the same place on the fish after a week, it is hole in the head disease and will need treating with Metronidazole.

You should also keep an eye on the other fish to make sure nobody is picking on the one in the pictures.

Well they are Mbunas! But I got the minimum amount for a chaos theory tank so they get too distracted to keep picking on the same fish. There are a few that show slight signs of disease such as the Acei ( just a couple raised mucous splotches and she looks darker) and a Kenyi (only on the fins). I will watch them so no one picks on that fish in the pics....I think it’s a tropheus? I thought it was a red top...not sure on that one.

Well they are Mbunas!
Yeah, not much you can do about that :)

It's a Pseudotropheus species.

Tropheus are usually black all over with red, orange, white or blue spots or markings. Tropheus are also higher in the body.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back