Ich

Mystil

Fishaholic
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
557
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Somerset (UK)
hello Guys
I was wondering if you could help me...I seem to have a problem with ich for ages.

I have been using Interpet Anti white spot 6 plus...problem is it does not seem to be working!

I have syphoned the tank and removed most of the sand and have treated the tank twice and I am on my third go now...but my loach still does not seem to have cleared up...

I am getting to the point where I think that the treatment I have is not working and maybe I should try another product.

The loach has white spots on his tail fin that just does not seem to dissappear...It takes over a week for them to burst/vanish...Is this right with what you know of Ich or could it be something else?

My cories have had the white specks as have my tetra but seem to have cleared up.

I have increased the temperature as well to 290c.

Any ideas???
 
Normally the whitespot parasite falls of the fish after a couple of days at 26C. Check your thermometer and make sure it is working properly.
The other thing you can do is use a copper based medication. That should clear up the whitespot pretty quickly.
You have to treat for at least 10days.
 
I have definatley got the temp up quite high....my tank is alot warmer that it was...

What product should I look out for that would do the job??

Does anyone know if King British Whitespot control is any good?

I am not at all happy with Interpet anti white spot at the moment!

What would work on my loach??
 
I normally use "Ichonex". It contains copper and malachite green. I use it at half dose for catfish and loaches. Not sure if it's available in the UK.

Waterlife Protozin should work.

do you ave any carbon in your filter? If so you should remove it otherwise it will absorb the medication and the fish won't get better.
do a 50% water change before changing to another medication.
 
I have definatley got the temp up quite high....my tank is alot warmer that it was...

What product should I look out for that would do the job??

Does anyone know if King British Whitespot control is any good?

I am not at all happy with Interpet anti white spot at the moment!

What would work on my loach??

I always up the temp to 28C or even 30C when its bad whitespot, i have always used interpet meds and they worked fine for me, i always add a bit of salt as well to help boost the med a bit.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top