Ich Issues

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cmq18

Reaction score
I am concerned my electric yellow lab has ich. He has 4 rather large white patches and is much paler than usual. I cannot tell if there are any smaller spots due to his coloring. I purchased ich treatment from pet smart but how do I know when to treat it? I know the medication only works once the parasite is in free swimming stage. How exactly should I do this?

Attachments

• fishich.jpg
    fishich.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 26
A large white patch is not ich. Ich is tiny spots of white about the size of a grain of table salt, it is the size of the parasite that causes the disease. If you are getting larger patches, it is time to get some decent pictures and visit the tropical emergencies section of the forum.

A large white patch is not ich. Ich is tiny spots of white about the size of a grain of table salt, it is the size of the parasite that causes the disease. If you are getting larger patches, it is time to get some decent pictures and visit the tropical emergencies section of the forum.

I feel like everything I read online completely contradicts what the employees say at the pet store...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back