I would like to introduce myself...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

HaveFishWillTravel

Reaction score
Hello All, I am an animal and plant lover and have particularly enjoyed having fishes and gardens. I currently have three aquariums. A 50 gallon reef tank, 40 gallon and 10 gallon freshwater tanks. My very first fish was a goldfish when I was a little kid, my next was a shark when I was about 18 years old. I graduated to larger tanks and then, started a 75 gallon reef tank. That was an ominous challenge at the time. It was reduced to a Nano 20 reef tank. Next came the Betta. What a wonderful little guy. I loved that little fish and let me say that he had a fabulous environment...no little teacup for him to swim in. He lived a long and prosperous life and my son and I were very sad when he was on his last fins. Next, we had a couple 10 gallon tanks. That is when I got the little Silver Rasbora, my longest living fish that you will see in one of my photos. He is now in the 40 gallon tank swimming around with his friends, the Rosy-tipped Tetras, Buenos Aires Tetras, the Panda Barbs and Chester, my big Gourami ‘pink kissing fish’. Chester is now about 9 years old. Chester absolutely knows everything that is going on in the house. He watches everything and everyone. He is an attention seeker. His tank is positioned so that he can see who is coming through the front door, he can see outside in the summertime with the door open, into the kitchen while I cook dinner or make coffee, into the great room as the humans congregate and down the hallway so we must always say good morning and good night. His giant eyes that seem to peer into your soul...you can’t not see him or react and talk with him. The garage 10 gallon tank has 7 Harlequin Rasboras, 3 Glowlight Tetras and 2 Corydoras ‘dwarf catfish’. I love this little tank, these little fishes are a constant source of amusement, reward, peace and tranquility. To finish out the crowd, in the reef tank there are many corals, anemones, 2 black and white clownfish named Thing I &
Thing II and a lovely little Blue Damsel named Clara that when you look closely, she has wonderful striations of a darker cobalt blue that are truly magnificent.
I love each and everyone of my fishes. Their health and happiness is my number one goal in terms of what I do and how I take care of them. Chester needs more real estate and I am working on it. The Buenos Aires Tetras are a new addition to his tank. They were rehomed from someone who could no longer keep them because of their size and aggressive nature. I thought that my tank could absorb their impact for awhile, but am finding that to not be true and it is something that I need help with.
I am going to write up a separate post to discuss looking for options from all of you to help with some of the issues. With that, I will say that I am looking forward to lively, intelligent and fun discussions about this wonderful and rewarding hobby which is truly an enhancement to my life.
JL
AAEEF6FE-ED73-4E9A-85A6-1AAF463CD542.jpeg
B9B43F01-6B8F-4AA4-BBFD-7847A3F6E3C9.jpeg
D5CCC481-193C-49EB-9ADA-E1678D768AEA.jpeg
A7D4514A-4AB4-48C2-87D3-6660B6D3C9FD.jpeg
12FAD900-C749-4876-95BC-D5D30D5E3305.jpeg
8D5631D8-B1EF-4335-897E-7749BFDCA222.jpeg
D736ACE4-95BC-48F4-A54B-BE971EAF2141.jpeg
AAEEF6FE-ED73-4E9A-85A6-1AAF463CD542.jpeg
B9B43F01-6B8F-4AA4-BBFD-7847A3F6E3C9.jpeg
A7D4514A-4AB4-48C2-87D3-6660B6D3C9FD.jpeg
12FAD900-C749-4876-95BC-D5D30D5E3305.jpeg
8D5631D8-B1EF-4335-897E-7749BFDCA222.jpeg

Attachments

• EFBF4683-909A-4322-B169-C0D086871BEF.jpeg
    EFBF4683-909A-4322-B169-C0D086871BEF.jpeg
    15.2 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Hello All, I am an animal and plant lover and have particularly enjoyed having fishes and gardens. I currently have three aquariums. A 50 gallon reef tank, 40 gallon and 10 gallon freshwater tanks. My very first fish was a goldfish when I was a little kid, my next was a shark when I was about 18 years old. I graduated to larger tanks and then, started a 75 gallon reef tank. That was an ominous challenge at the time. It was reduced to a Nano 20 reef tank. Next came the Betta. What a wonderful little guy. I loved that little fish and let me say that he had a fabulous environment...no little teacup for him to swim in. He lived a long and prosperous life and my son and I were very sad when he was on his last fins. Next, we had a couple 10 gallon tanks. That is when I got the little Silver Rasbora, my longest living fish that you will see in one of my photos. He is now in the 40 gallon tank swimming around with his friends, the Rosy-tipped Tetras, Buenos Aires Tetras, the Panda Barbs and Chester, my big Gourami ‘pink kissing fish’. Chester is now about 9 years old. Chester absolutely knows everything that is going on in the house. He watches everything and everyone. He is an attention seeker. His tank is positioned so that he can see who is coming through the front door, he can see outside in the summertime with the door open, into the kitchen while I cook dinner or make coffee, into the great room as the humans congregate and down the hallway so we must always say good morning and good night. His giant eyes that seem to peer into your soul...you can’t not see him or react and talk with him. The garage 10 gallon tank has 7 Harlequin Rasboras, 3 Glowlight Tetras and 2 Corydoras ‘dwarf catfish’. I love this little tank, these little fishes are a constant source of amusement, reward, peace and tranquility. To finish out the crowd, in the reef tank there are many corals, anemones, 2 black and white clownfish named Thing I &
Thing II and a lovely little Blue Damsel named Clara that when you look closely, she has wonderful striations of a darker cobalt blue that are truly magnificent.
I love each and everyone of my fishes. Their health and happiness is my number one goal in terms of what I do and how I take care of them. Chester needs more real estate and I am working on it. The Buenos Aires Tetras are a new addition to his tank. They were rehomed from someone who could no longer keep them because of their size and aggressive nature. I thought that my tank could absorb their impact for awhile, but am finding that to not be true and it is something that I need help with.
I am going to write up a separate post to discuss looking for options from all of you to help with some of the issues. With that, I will say that I am looking forward to lively, intelligent and fun discussions about this wonderful and rewarding hobby which is truly an enhancement to my life.
JL View attachment 116863View attachment 116864View attachment 116865View attachment 116868View attachment 116869View attachment 116870View attachment 116871View attachment 116863View attachment 116864View attachment 116868View attachment 116869View attachment 116870
Nice tanks my friend! This is just about the best place to learn anything!

:hi:
What a great intro! And lovely tanks. Looking forward to seeing you around the forum and hearing more about your tanks and fish, welcome to the forum :)

"Next came the betta."
Happens to us all....well maybe not all!
Great tanks, welcome to the forum!:fish:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back